6 Secrets for Writing Unforgettable Content
If you want to generate more traffic and expand your reader base, then it is essential that you write content that is unforgettable. Content that sticks in peoples’ minds encourages them to share with other people. This not only gets your writing attention, but it also gets you new readers who will continue to pass your content on. There are six major secrets for writing unforgettable content that will stick in peoples’ minds.
1. Keep things simple. People have a more difficult time remembering things that are complicated. Find the bare bones basics of your ideas and spend some time forming those ideas into writing content. The simpler you are able to keep things, the more likely that the ideas you are trying to get across will stick in many peoples’ minds and the more unforgettable your content will be.
2. Write something unexpected. Surprise makes people pay attention and think. Once you have their attention, you can reel them in and keep them coming back. Always remember that no one want to read the same old stuff over and over. Even if what you are writing about is not a new idea, try to put a new and interesting spin on it.
3. Make your writing concrete. For example, describing something that people are familiar with such as an apple, is easier than describing an abstract concept like faith. The more concrete you can make your writing, the more likely there will be hooks that stick in peoples’ memories, and the more likely your readers will make personal connections to your content.
4. Be credible. Provide proof for your ideas. One of the easiest ways to do this is to tie your ideas to things people are familiar with and can easily picture. Sometimes providing your own pictures to go along with your content is also a great way to be credible.
5. Use emotions to your advantage. People connect better to things that they have feelings for, especially if they can make a personal connection. Content that elicits emotions from readers has a better chance of sticking in their memories.
6. Incorporate stories. Using stories and anecdotes from your own experiences makes your writing more believable and real to your readers. Additionally, a story is often easier for people to remember than just an article or blog. Stories are often more entertaining and capture the reader’s attention for a longer period of time.
One of the best ways to succeed as a writer is to write content that is unforgettable. When readers remember your writing, they are more likely to keep coming back to read more of what you have to say.