Fantastic Writers Do These 5 Things Every Day
Each writer has their own process for creating great content, and each writer has advice for what to do to become more successful as a writer. Discovering your writing process, however, is not something that you can learn from someone else. It is something that you have to learn for yourself. There are a few things, though, that successful writers consistently do. Fantastic writers do these five things every day.
1. Write for others. Many people start by writing whatever they feel like. This is a great way to get in the habit of writing, but it is nothing more than journaling. A fantastic writer spends time every day thinking about what other people want to read. Ask some people you know or even a stranger at the park what kind of article would stop them in their tracks and keep their attention while they read through it. Knowing what people want to read will help you write for them.
2. Write something outside your comfort zone each day. You cannot grow as a writer if you don’t push yourself. Try writing from a different point of view from what you usually write. Write a story with a completely different plot than what you are comfortable writing. When you reread it you may think it stinks, but it will help improve your overall writing because it forces you to stretch your abilities.
3. Write every day. Even if you are only writing a journal about how some idiot on the highway cut you off and almost caused an accident making you late for work. Take some time to write every single day. The more you write, the better your writing will become. They say practice makes perfect, and this is no different when it comes to writing.
4. Settle into a routine. Try to keep your time to write consistent and write during that time every day. Fantastic writers write every day, but committing to a particular time for writing is one of the best ways to keep to your vow to write every day. Your mind will be used to settling down to write at this time every day, and you will find that you are better able to focus once you get in the habit.
5. Read something. Check out a book by your favorite author and indulge in a few chapter. Google something intriguing and read an article on the Internet. Reading will expose you to other writers and styles of writing. This helps to expand your thoughts and introduce you to different styles. Fantastic writers are people who are also readers. They know how readers think and what readers want to read.
Though everyone has a different process for writing, there are some things that fantastic writers do consistently. Adopting some of these habits can help you to write better content that will reach more readers.